USD 398 enrollment down 30 students
The USD 398 board of education discussed enrollment numbers for the district Monday.
The total student head count was 329, down from 359 a year ago. There are 161 students at Peabody-Burns Elementary School, 63 students at Peabody-Burns Junior High, and 105 students at Peabody-Burns High School.
In other business:
- After a 30-minute executive session, three people were hired. Richard Holm will fill a maintenance position. Lisa Hodges will be an assistant in the Central Office. Jim Philpott was hired as an assistant coach for Peabody Junior High football team.
- The board decided to invest $125,000 from the Litton/Kleiwer estate in a five-year CD with a 2.4 percent rate at Community National Bank.
- The Peabody-Burns High School FCCLA members will travel to Albuquerque, N.M., Nov. 3 through 5 for a national meeting.
- Board member Tony Zappone was selected as a delegate for the annual KSB convention December 3 through 5.
- A challenge course for Peabody-Burns Adventure Club was discussed. The board made no action but pondered the best location for the course and how it will be funded.